Nettwerk Celebrates 30 Years In 2015; ‘From Cover To Cover: 30 Years At Nettwerk’ Out January 27
June 19, 2015 BY Nettwerk
This year marks Nettwerk Music Group’s 30th Anniversary, and the Vancouver-born turned international Label, Management and Publishing Company will be celebrating throughout the year, starting with the release of a covers compilation called From Cover To Cover: 30 Years At Nettwerk. The full album is streaming now exclusively at PasteMagazine.com (here: http://bit.ly/15uBGxu).
Out January 27, From Cover To Cover: 30 Years At Nettwerk features current Nettwerk artists covering popular songs from the company’s rich and diverse history. Madi Diaz brings an electro-pop vibe to “You, Me & The Bourgeoisie” from fellow LA indie band The Submarines, UK-duo Coves give Angus & Julia Stone’s “Big Jet Plane” a psychedelic and haunting spin, and Radical Face strips the industrial from Skinny Puppy’s “Assimilate” for a surprisingly beautiful yet still powerful take on the track. Old Crow Medicine Show’s “Wagon Wheel,” The Weepies “World Spins Madly On,” Coldplay’s “Shiver” and “Yellow” and a slew of others also appear in a new form (full track list below).
Also launching today is Nettwerk’s new podcast series, Nettcast. Hosted by Nettwerk’s own publicity maven Penny Palmer and online-marketing guru Raj Sharma, the twice-monthly podcast features Nettwerk artists passing through Los Angeles in a series of fun and playful scenarios. From industry themed Madlibs to Tinder trolling to a round of Cards Against Humanity, nothing is off limits (at least not yet). The first episode features Scars On 45, who passed through LA while on tour supporting their latest album, Safety In Numbers. Listen here: http://bit.ly/1yHyNX1.
Nettwerk’s official birthday party will take place in Austin during SXSW on Wednesday, March 18. Stay tuned for more details.
From Cover To Cover: 30 Years At Nettwerk Track List
1. Let Her Go (Cover by Scars On 45; Original by Passenger)
2. Big Jet Plane (Cover by Coves; Original by Angus & Julia Stone)
3. You Me & The Bourgeoisie (Cover by Madi Diaz; Original by The Submarines)
4. World Spins Madly On (Cover by Joshua Hyslop; Original by The Weepies)
5. Wagon Wheel (Cover by Lily Kershaw; Original by Old Crow Medicine Show)
6. In Spite Of All The Damage (Cover by Dave Beckingham (Hey Ocean!); Original by The Be Good Tanyas)
7. Gold In Them Hills (Cover by Admiral Fallow; Original by Ron Sexsmith)
8. I Hear You Calling (Cover by Dave Vertesi (Hey Ocean!); Original by Gob)
9. Shiver (Cover by Run River North; Original by Coldplay)
10. Yellow (Cover by Caroline Pennell; Original by Coldplay)
11. Jane (Cover by Twin Bandit; Original by Barenaked Ladies)
12. Ice Cream (Cover by William Fitzsimmons; Original by Sarah McLachlan)
13. What Was Going Through My Head (Cover by Great Lake Swimmers; Original by The Grapes of Wrath)
14. Assimilate (Cover by Radical Face; Original by Skinny Puppy)
Australian-Based, Canadian-Born Singer-Songwriter Laura Lucas Releases “Wake Up, Breathe In”May 30, 2023
Australia-based Canadian-born singer-songwriter Laura Lucas fell in love with storytelling from a young age, and her introspective songwriting, delicate vocals, dreamy instrumentation, and…Read More