British Alt-Rock Band Bôa Share Brand New Video For Viral-Hit “Duvet”
October 6, 2023 BY Emma Orland
British alt-rock band bôa recently reunited following an incredible renaissance for their track “Duvet,” driven by TikTok fans the world over. Originally released in 1998 from their cherished Twilight album, and placed as the soundtrack to cult-classic anime series Serial Experiments Lain, “Duvet” became a viral hit on social media towards the end of 2021 – sparking an ongoing, enormous interest in the group that lead to millions of streams across their entire catalogue. Now signed to Nettwerk Music Group, the band has recently returned to the studio to record new original music coming in 2024.
Following the initial viral trend that saw “Duvet” streaming into the millions, bôa have reconnected as a band and with fans to continue to build on that initial moment. Garnering well over 200 million streams over the last year, and over 200,000 fans across social media, the growth of the band continues.
Today, bôa have shared a brand new video for “Duvet” (watch here). They say, “We’re really excited by the way ‘Duvet’ has received so much love. Because of it, we were able to write and record a new album with Nettwerk which we are excited to release. Our new video is a thank you to the fans, and an opportunity to have fun with ‘Duvet’ again.”
Fronted by Jasmine Rodgers, daughter of Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company), with Alex Caird on bass and Lee Sullivan on drums, bôa had mostly dispersed over the last few years with members following solo careers. Inspired by the growing interest in their past releases, they have garnered an exceptionally invested new fanbase – clamouring for more from bôa. They were recently interviewed for a feature on Variety, talking about their new-found resurgence and future plans.
- “Duvet” hit nearly 250 million streams, with over 20 Million streams in the last month alone
- bôa’s monthly listeners on Spotify have grown to 6 Million, with 415,000 followers– numbers doubling in the last year
- “Duvet” has enjoyed three separate viral trending moments, currently generating nearly 13M weekly streams and up to 20,000 sound uses per day on TikTok
- Other songs across the catalogue have achieved well over a million streams each since 2021, including “Twilight” with over 55 Million streams
- “Duvet” was added to TikTok global playlist #IndieMusic in July ’23 and bôa were named UK TikTok artist of the week
- 442,000TikTok followers, 128,000 Instagram followers and 109,000 YouTube subscribers