Business Affairs Administrator (Full Time)
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
To apply send CV’s email@example.com
The BA Administrator will administer all aspects of business and legal affairs involving organization, dissemination, maintenance and follow up of Nettwerk contractual obligations.
• Oversee the development of contract summaries for label, publishing and management to be entered into Rights Management system
• Assist Film/TV BA department in updating Master Allocations sheet for Film/TV (adding new artists to roster, making changes, or deleting artists off list)
• Assisting in filing, organizing and maintaining agreements and licenses
• Reporting status of agreements
Royalty Tracking / Accounts Receivable
• Following up on long form licenses for Film/TV to obtain payment
• Following up on licenses for compilations and master uses to obtain payment
• Following up on mechanical licenses issued from Nettwerk publishing to obtain payment
• Following up on reports and payment from DSP and new media uses
• Analysis of incoming statements for royalty tracking
• Reporting status of licenses and payments
• Oversee completion of sample clearances for masters and songs
• Assisting with clearing masters for label compilations
• Extending rights on expired licenses and agreements
• Issuing mechanical licenses on behalf of publishing
• Keep up-to-date on Nettwerk songwriter activity
• Liaising with Harry Fox Agency and CMRRA
• Reporting status of publishing mechanical licenses
• Assist Film/TV BA team in drafting sync and master licenses for film/tv
• Prior experience in an Accounts Receivable collections role
• An understanding and familiarity with common contractual and business terms used in commercial agreements. Prior entertainment industry experience is ideal.
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective time management.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to logically think through projects in a step-by-step manner.
• Ability to follow through on projects through effective project management.
• Experience with Mac computers.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet, Email and Filemaker
o Ability to keep files and documentation accessible and secure at all times, enabling quick response to enquiries. Provide efficient communication with relevant parties.
• Decision Making
o Can identify needs of the Department and / or project and make correct decisions in filling those needs.
• Team Player
o Collaborating with other team members to ensure effective dissemination of information. Works in facilitating team building for the entire office.
• Work Standards
o High standards of performance for self and others. Accountable for work and responsible for follow-through on tasks to ensure success.